Sunday, January 29, 2012

My third P-Day!

Everything is going well! How´s life with you guys?  I hope you´re loving it!  I have to tell you guys about the buses here!  They´re loco.  They´re all just old school buses from the united states, so they all have random school county names on them.  But on the inside they´re all totally party buses!  They always have loud rap music on and a lot of them have flashing lights in the front that go in time to the music.  One I went on last week even had a tv on playing music videos!  The problem is that it only had worldly music videos if you catch my drift.  haha but not all of them have rap!  This is the good news.  I think that rap is the favorite music here, and then 80´s music from america!  So I´m always hearing some good music too.  It´s pretty sweet.  On one of the buses I heard the song from Hot Rod called two of hearts.  You know the one that´s playing while they´re dancing by the car?  haha it made me lol!

I had my first real interview with the president this week!  I swear it was only like 5 minutes long.  He basically said how are you, ok cool let´s end with a prayer.  just kidding.  But seriously.  He told me that he put me with my companion Elder Osorio to give him more "animo".  That´s sort of like excitement for the work.  So I have to work hard so that I don´t get un-animo.  Sorry, I´m in a hurry.  I got lots of things to say!  haha 

Oh here´s something funny.  When my companion got to this area, Pedregal, him and  the other elder were new to the area.  So they didn´t know any of the investigators. So naturally, they just put all of the investigators in the ancient investigator section and decided to start from scratch.  haha I don´t understand that, but I want to try to find them this week.  I was just like whaaat?

One day this week I prayed that we would find a family, and that very day we did!  It was like Heavenly Father was saying "yeah, I´m here, just ask for me and use my power!"  It was pretty sweet.  The only problem is that I forgot to pray that they would be interested in our message. :)  haha so we taught the whole first lesson, and then when we asked if we could leave a book of mormon so they could pray about it, the dad just straight up said no!  I was dumbfounded!  Cause that   hasn´t happened yet that they answer so straightforward.  Normally they just say yes, take the book, and then hide from us when we come back.  It´s pretty funny.  You guys all rock!  Thanks for everything, and keep on partying

oh one more thing!  The other day we found a bullet in the street!  It was cool.  I kept it.  It showed me that there are people here just like me.  Cause I don´t leave bullets in the chamber.  You know that.  Thanks for raising me!  You guys did a good job I think.  


Love, Elder "Beast from the Middle East" Harding



No comments:

Post a Comment